The Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI) at Marshall University, Eastern West Virginia Community & Technical College, the West Virginia Department of Agriculture, and the West Virginia Department of Education are proud to present the seventh annual West Virginia Agricultural Innovation Showcase!
Cast your People’s Choice Vote in the 2021 Agriculture Innovation Challenge!
The victorious team or challenger will win an iPad, $300 Cash, and a $200 Gift Card!!
Click the button below to proceed to the People’s Choice Voting page, view Challenger projects, and cast your vote…!
*Click hereto download the printable classroom poster pictured above!
Showcase takes place October 20 on the campus of Eastern West Virginia Community & Technical College (316 Eastern Drive Moorefield, WV 26836)
- Morning Sessions 9:30am – noon
- Afternoon Sessions 12:30 – 3 pm
Join us for a stellar showcase of Innovation in Agriculture from across the state, and learn about the top competitors in the Student Ag Innovation Challenge.The event will culminate with the announcement of the 2021 Student Ag Innovation winners and the presentation of awards.
Attend the Agriculture Innovation Showcase!
Click the button below to register individuals, teachers and student groups.
Student Ag Innovation Challenge
Students will register, and submit videos of their innovation to compete for these remarkable prizes!
This year’s Student Ag Innovation Challenge features a video-submission based competition that provides challengers the opportunity to demonstrate new ideas, innovations and inventions while competing for cash prizes and recognition!
- Video Submission registration opens August 30, 2021
- Video Submission deadline October 10, 2021, at 11:59 pm
- People’s Choice voting opens October 14, 2021
- *originally slated to open October 12, delayed due to video processing
- A link with instructions for People’s Choice voting will be shared with all participants, registrants, teachers with registered students, and on RCBI’s and Eastern’s social media channels. Share this link with your friends, family and community to help a representative of your school win the prizes listed above for “People’s Choice Champion!“
- People’s Choice voting closes October 19, 2021 at noon
- Ag Innovation Showcase & Award Announcements October 20, 2021
Ag Innovation Resource: Agcellerator Master Classes!
These vibrant expert-led workshops were designed to help students prepare entries for this year’s video-submission based Ag Innovation Challenge!
The Importance of Innovation in West Virginia Agriculture – View the prerecorded session below.
Get an introduction to this year’s competition and learn how to find your unique innovation and to scale national outcomes from your own backyard. Hear about Ag Innovation in the Potomac Highlands of WV and beyond.
Innovating for Success – View the prerecorded session below.
Learn how to prepare your innovation for competition and receive an introduction to this year’s judging criteria. Find out about resources for developing a winning entry for the Agriculture Innovation Showcase competition on October 20.
Click here to download the rubric (categories and points) that will be used to judge your submission! This document can help guide your strategy to achieve maximum points.
Bringing It All Together – View the prerecorded session below.
Receive guidance for preparing successful video submissions for this year’s student competition. Learn tips and tricks for producing great audio and video as well as best practices for concise communications.