SAND FORK, WV
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Requires working knowledge of all aspects of the production process.
- Requires a high degree of technical, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Must be able to pass the company forklift certification.
- Must be able to lift up to 150 lbs safely, nearly waste high, and stand for up to 12 hours per day.
- Requires ability to use catwalks and climb ladders that connect catwalks up to 30 feet high.
- Requires mechanical and troubleshooting skills to solve pellet mill maintenance problems.
- Requires the ability to do simple to complex math calculations.
- Must be able to work in a high temperature/ humidity area.
How to Apply
- Responsible for operating and adjusting two different styles of pellet mills.
- Responsible for the Dryer Inlet and outlet temperatures and their regulation.
- For each dryer, an operator will be responsible for the operation of 30-50 different pieces of machinery to include: augers, screws, conveyors and 2-4 Hammer mills.
- Responsible for maintaining watch over bin levels to include raw material, C.P.M., Dry Hog, and fuel bins.
- Regulate material mix to obtain the optimal pellet moisture and pellet density ratio.
- Strive to keep pellet moisture between 3-4% wet and density between 44-45 lbs per compacted square foot by altering the ratio of fresh and old sawdust and wet and dry shavings.
- Continuously watch for problems troubleshooting equipment malfunctions, spot fires, and hot bearings.
- Maintain pellet mill feed rates and adjust or change pellet mill rolls/dies accordingly.
- Use AC drives and controllers to maintain optimal production and quality pellet output.
- Complete a daily Dryer Report detailing temperature readings every 30 minutes, dried material moisture every 15 minutes, pellet moisture/density checks every hour.
- Complete a Shift Report outlining the average pellet moisture and density at the end of the shift, total pellet mill hours, natural gas hours and estimate of tonnage.
- On the Pellet Mill Report, operators must track mill water, feed rates, oil levels, pressures, and temperatures of the C.P.M. mills and start up and shut down of mills.
- Maintain a clean work area by clearing piles of sawdust around the mill room.
- As a Lead person, responsibilities include supervising and coaching the Packaging, Loader, and
- Mill Operators on the shift.
- Collect the shift Operator reports and verify that the paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Complete daily Shift Summary Reports.
- Report and monitor employee tardiness, attendance, call-ins, incidents, accidents, and maintenance requests.
- In coordination with the Production Supervisor, participate in interviewing applicants, making hiring recommendations, coaching, disciplining, and performance evaluations.
- Lead by example with exemplary attendance, work ethic, positive attitude, professionalism, and a safety-first mentality.