AMS Production Staff – Welder
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
3. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required.
4. Previous MIG welding experience preferred.
In a manufacturing facility such as AMS, an employee is required to be able to frequently lift materials and product up to 30 pounds, bend and twist to pick up and carry parts, and constantly stand and/or walk on concrete floor. Requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to eye safety glasses, welding gloves, welding jacket, welding helmet and hearing protectors.
Ten-hour shift (5:00am-3:30pm), 4 days/week (Monday through Thursday), with some overtime.
AUTOMATED MERCHANDISING SYSTEMS, INC.
Automated Merchandising Systems, Inc. (“AMS”) is a privately owned company based in Kearneysville, WV that specializes in the manufacturing of high-quality vending machines.
Weld vendor parts in welding booth.
1. Operate a MIG Welder to attach and reinforce vendor parts.
2. Responsible for quality control within their department. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
3. Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
4. Operate hand jack to maintain raw material supply for the production line.
5. Clean and maintain work area.
6. Other duties as assigned.