Industry Customized Training
On request, the Marshall Advanced Manufacturing Center will create customized training to meet the specific needs of your company and employees. Customized training can take place at any of our locations around the state or onsite at your location, whichever suits your needs best.
Advanced Welding Workforce Initiative
Through our Advanced Welding Workforce Initiative (AWWI), the center delivers on-site, customized welding training for companies seeking to enhance employee skills. Training is delivered at your location and at your convenience to meet your operation’s specific needs.
Key features of our initiative:
- Welding processes including but not limited to stick (SMAW), TIG (GTAW), flux cored (FCAW), MIG (GMAW) and pulse (GMAW-P)
- Instructors experienced in a range of materials from carbon steel to super alloys and aluminum (pipe and plate)
- AWS and ASME certification testing
AWWI is made possible through the generous support of the Appalachian Regional Commission and the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL).
Manufacturing Fast Track Program
The Manufacturing Fast Track Program at the Marshall Advanced Manufacturing Center allows individuals to update their machining/CNC skills in as little as three months. The customizable Manufacturing Fast Track Program provides:
- 40 hours of one-on-one instruction that provides foundational skills and competencies required by manufacturers. Choose from topics such as computer-aided design (CAD)/computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), manual machining, Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining, or additive manufacturing (3D Printing) skills.
- Additional online coursework to support the one-on-one instruction
- Training is available at our Advanced Manufacturing Technology Centers in Huntington or South Charleston.
- Fast Track Program cost is $3,950
Open enrollment – start anytime. The schedule is customized to meet individual needs. If our accelerated training schedule interests you, contact us at 800.469.7224 or .
Industry's most frequently requested customized training topics
- 5-axis Programming
- Advanced (3D / Surface) CNC Programming
- Automotive Industry Core Tools (Control Plans, FMEA, SPC)
- Basic FARO Arm & CAM2
- Blueprint Reading
- CNC Operator Skills
- CNC Programming
- Continual Process Improvement including Six Sigma
- Industrial Ergonomics
- Pneumatic/Hydraulic Basics
- Precision Measurement Tool
- Root Cause Analysis, Problem-solving and Corrective Action
- Solid / Surface CAD Modeling
The Marshall Advanced Manufacturing Center’s customized training is funded, in part, through our Manufacturing, Aviation and Construction Skills Training Project, a $2.39 million initiative, with $1,499,410 in funding from the U.S. Department of Labor – Employment and Training Administration.