Aerospace, Aviation and Quality
Workforce, Manufacturing & Design Engineering Services
RCBI AERO is the Robert C. Byrd Institute’s aerospace proof-of-concept and training facility serving the Tri-State region to enhance aerospace businesses, diversify the region’s economy and develop new job opportunities. The program is working to expand the aerospace footprint by connecting local manufacturers to the supply chain, attracting new companies to the region, and establishing an FAA-certified Aviation technology and maintenance education program that benefits southern West Virginia and the regional aviation industry.
In partnership with the West Virginia Development Office, Marshall University Research Corporation, the West Virginia Small Business Development Center, HADCO, the Wayne County Economic Development Authority and Region 2 Workforce Investment Board, RCBI is delivering a broad base of client services that include:
- New Aviation Maintenance Technician program enrolling for Jan. 2022 (FAA Part 147 pending) at HTS
- Access to advanced technology and expertise
- Market research, evaluation and business planning
- Technology transfer services (copyright, trademark, patent and intellectual properties protection)
- Connections to contracting and supply chain opportunities, both public and private
- Design engineering & prototyping services with shared manufacturing equipment
- Connected to RCBI’s long-establish Machinist & Welding Technology workforce programs
A 2016 feasibility study commissioned by the Huntington Area Development Council confirmed that the Tri-State region is well positioned to support and expand the region’s aerospace industry. The study cited assets such as Huntington Tri-State Airport, the 95-acre Tri-State Aeroplex industrial and business development site near the airport, RCBI, Marshall University, supportive leadership in a variety of public and private organizations and the existence of established aerospace manufacturers.
RCBI was awarded a Regional Innovation Strategies grant by the U.S. Economic Development Administration to establish the new aerospace center.
To learn more, contact Jim Smith, Director of RCBI AERO, at 304.781.1688 or .
Quality Management Services, Including AS9100
RCBI’s experienced Quality Certification group has extensive experience with the AS9100 family of Aerospace Quality standards. We’ve assisted numerous companies, like Pratt & Whitney, maintain AS9100, AS9110 and AS9120 certifications for more than 20 years and helped firms obtain the certification for the first time.
We offer step-by-step assistance with achieving ISO 9001 certification including many specialized standards:
- International Quality Management System Standard ISO 9001
- Environmental Management System Standard ISO 14001
- Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series OHSAS 18001
- Automotive Standard IATF 16949
- Testing and Calibration Laboratories Standard ISO 17025
- Military and Department of Defense Standards
- Medical Device Standard ISO 13485
- Aerospace Standard AS9100
Please call us at 800.469.RCBI (7224) or email our Quality Director Erica Cheetham here.
Click here to view, download or print our aerospace brochure.