Flammable/Combustible Liquids 155
Upcoming Training for this Course
There are no upcoming training events for this class scheduled.
This class describes the hazards associated with flammable and combustible liquids and explains proper methods for safe storage, handling, and transferring of these liquids.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Describe OSHA flammable liquid safety regulations for employers.
- Define flash point.
- Distinguish between a flammable liquid and a combustible liquid.
- Distinguish between classes of flammable and combustible liquids.
- Describe information sources for flammable liquids.
- Describe the components of a flammable liquids safety plan.
- Describe how to prevent ignition from static electricity.
- Describe OSHA guidelines for storing flammable liquids.
- Describe OSHA approved safety cans.
- Describe OSHA approved storage cabinets.
- Describe OSHA approved storage rooms.
- Identify the factors that produce a fire.
- Explain strategies for fire control in the workplace.
- Identify OSHA approved methods for transferring flammable liquids.
- Identify OSHA approved methods for disposing of waste and residue.
- The Dangers of Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- What Are Flammable and Combustible Liquids?
- Classes of Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Information Sources for Hazardous Liquids
- Creating a Plan for Using Flammable Liquids
- Preventing Static Electricity
- Storage Fundamentals
- Safety Cans
- Storage Cabinets
- Storage Rooms
- Fire Prevention
- Fire Control
- Transferring Flammable Liquids
- Waste and Residue