Nonferrous Metals for Welding
Upcoming Training for this Course
There are no upcoming training events for this class scheduled.
This class provides an overview of the properties of common nonferrous metals used for arc welding.
What Is Arc Welding? 110;Arc Welding Safety 115; Arc Welding Processes 120
Course Learning Objectives:
- Explain the importance of a metal’s properties.
- Distinguish between mechanical and physical properties.
- List the different types of strength.
- List common types of mechanical properties.
- List common types of physical properties.
- Describe how heat affects the properties of metal.
- Describe the effects of common heat treatment methods for nonferrous metals.
- Identify the factors that affect weldability.
- Identify common types of nonferrous metals used in arc welding.
- Describe the properties of aluminum.
- Identify common groups of aluminum alloys.
- Describe the weldability of aluminum alloys.
- Describe the properties of copper.
- Describe the weldability of copper alloys.
- Describe the weldability of magnesium alloys.
- Describe the weldability of nickel alloys.
- Describe the weldability of zinc alloys.
- Describe the weldability of titanium alloys.
- Properties of Metals
- Types of Properties
- Types of Strength
- Other Mechanical Properties
- Physical Properties
- The Effects of Heat
- Heat Treatment
- Common Nonferrous Welding Metals
- Properties of Aluminum
- Aluminum Alloys
- Welding Aluminum Alloys
- Properties of Copper
- Welding Copper Alloys
- Welding Magnesium Alloys
- Welding Nickel Alloys
- Welding Zinc Alloys
- Welding Titanium Alloys