Upcoming Training for this Course
There are no upcoming training events for this class scheduled.
This class covers the main concepts of statistics and relates these concepts to shop situations.
Math: Fundamentals 100; Math: Fractions and Decimals 105
Course Learning Objectives:
- Define statistics.
- Explain how variation appears in a shop.
- Distinguish between natural and unnatural variation.
- Describe common uses for statistics.
- Define probability.
- Calculate the mean for a set of numbers.
- Distinguish between a population mean and sample mean.
- Calculate the median for a set of numbers.
- Calculate the mode for a set of numbers.
- Describe the information contained in a histogram.
- Describe the appearance of a bell-shaped curve.
- Describe how the shape of a bell-shaped curve represents numerical data.
- Explain the method for calculating the range.
- Describe how standard deviation represents numerical data.
- Describe how standard deviation appears on the bell-shaped curve.
- Describe how standard deviation relates to probability.
- Describe how random sampling generates numerical data.
- What Is Statistics?
- What Is Variation?
- Natural vs. Unnatural Variation
- Why Use Statistics?
- Probability and Sampling
- Types of Mean
- Median and Mode
- The Histogram
- The Bell-Shaped Curve
- Types of Bell-Shaped Curves
- Standard Deviation
- Standard Deviation and the Bell-Shaped Curve
- Standard Deviation: An Example
- Random Sampling