Grant-Writing Workshop to be Offered in Hinton on March 24
Feb. 23, 2015
CHARLESTON, W.VA. – A free grant-writing workshop will be offered from 1:00 – 3:30 pm on Tuesday, March 24 at the Guest House in Hinton, WV as part of the Third District Accelerator project.
The class will include instruction in how to develop successful grant applications and where to seek funds for projects. Individuals and groups interested in the instruction might include:
- Volunteer fire department personnel;
- Community groups seeking funds for parks, recreation, museums, after-school programs;
- Educators and PTA/PTO groups;
- YMCA, scouts, and other youth-oriented organization leaders;
- County/city officials seeking funds for parks, trail development, farmers markets;
- Health organization officials hoping to expand programs/services/facilities;
- Tourism groups and organizations.
The Third District Accelerator is funded by the U.S. Economic Development Administration, the U.S Department of Agriculture and the Appalachian Regional Commission and administered through a partnership of TechConnect West Virginia and the Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing. Partners include Marshall University, Concord University and the Natural Capital Investment Fund.