Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with the Robert. C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing (RCBI) at Marshall University.
Marshall University, the Robert C. Byrd Institute and the Marshall University Research Corporation are EEO / AA employers.
The following positions are currently available with the Robert C. Byrd Institute:
Position Type: Full-Time exempt position.
Job Description: The Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI) is seeking applications for an Entrepreneur Services Coordinator, West Virginia’s EDA University Center program. This position is responsible for working to support an entrepreneurship and innovation-focused economy in West Virginia’s 55 counties.
Under the guidance of the Director of Entrepreneurship at RCBI, the successful candidate will:
- Enhance entrepreneurial activity through making the resources of the EDA University Center available to local businesses and startups
- Coordinate and facilitate events across West Virginia which expand the opportunities available for entrepreneurs to begin, sustain and expand their businesses.
- Develop assistance programs for entrepreneurs and businesses to develop appropriate business models, business plans, loan packaging, workforce training and access to new markets in coordination with partners such as the WV SBDC and SBA.
- Proactively identify, contact and assist small and medium-sized businesses, assess their needs and deliver solutions to enhance and expand their businesses
- Collaborate with Marshall University, Concord University, West Virginia Development Office, local chambers of commerce, local economic development agencies and others to provide needed services to entrepreneurs
- Build and maintain close professional relationships with small businesses across West Virginia as well as database of businesses served and programmatic impact of efforts
- Identify new market opportunities; increasing statewide knowledge of and active participation in such as Opportunity and HUB Zone status and designations
- Develop new services based on demonstrated client need
- Develop database of partner capabilities
- Three (3) years of experience in community and/or business entrepreneurship development
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the region including overnight and multi-day trips
- Preference will be given to candidates with entrepreneurial and/or business experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Application Procedure: To apply, log in at: https://marshall.peopleadmin.com/postings/12401
Position is open until filled. Marshall University and the Marshall University Research Corporation are EEO/AA employers.
Position Type: Part-time temporary position. Maximum 20 Hours per week.
Special Note: Must be student. This position will be located in Bridgeport, WV.
Qualifications: Must have good mechanical aptitude. Maintenance experience preferred. Experience in machining that includes using engine lathes, boring mills, horizontal mills, vertical mills, grinders and CNC Machines preferred. The ability to program CNC using CAD/CAM, setup and operate all types of CNC equipment preferred. Candidate should be proficient with the use of precision measurement and hand tools. Prefer strong oral and written skills combined with a team player attitude. Interested individuals must display self-initiative, and the ability to work in a team environment is required.
Duties: Will be required to perform cleaning, maintenance tasks, assist with machine setups, all other duties as assigned.
Application Procedure: Send resume to Arley Carpenter, Director of Manufacturing Services, Robert C. Byrd Institute, 100 Angus Peyton Drive So. Charleston WV 25303.
Application Deadline: Position is open until filled.
Background Check Required: No